Group Financial Controller - Global Logistics Group
The role encompasses a wide range of duties and responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising finance team members to coordinate and fulfill both internal and external reporting requirements while ensuring compliance with reporting needs for the group and its subsidiary companies.
- Offering guidance to accounting teams on intricate accounting matters and providing clear directives for addressing high-level financial inquiries.
- Preparing, analyzing, and overseeing the group's financial statements.
- Assuming full responsibility for the budget and financial reporting cycle of subsidiary group companies.
- Compiling group Board trading updates and commentary papers in preparation for monthly board meetings.
- Creating financial forecasts for the entire group.
- Generating regular, detailed cash flow analyses for the Finance Director, in advance of each monthly board meeting.
- Leading the evolution of the finance function, including system and software improvements, automation of report generation, and the integration of AI to streamline certain finance department processes.
- Supervising the annual audit engagement with the group's external auditor, ensuring timely and on-schedule compliance with audit requirements.
- Overseeing the group's tax affairs and all related returns, both domestically and internationally, in close collaboration with the group's tax advisers.
- Monitoring and enhancing tax compliance controls, structures, and automated processes to effectively manage the group's overall tax compliance.
- Providing leadership and guidance to accounting teams.
- Identifying projects within the Finance Department as part of an ongoing improvement program, leveraging technology and financial systems to streamline financial processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a similar senior role within an organization of comparable scale and complexity.
- Exceptional technical accounting skills and the ability to make high-level financial decisions.
- Strong commercial acumen with a proven track record in commercial projects.
- Demonstrated experience in a complex environment with a history of success.
- Experience at the board level.
- Proficiency in project management and delivery.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ever-changing environment.
- Capability to produce timely and insightful reports and distribute critical information to support decision-making.
- A track record of implementing technological changes for continuous improvement in financial operations.
- Ability to meet and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Irish and UK tax legislation.
- A history of effectively engaging with internal stakeholders.
- Full time, Permanent
- Base Salary €100k - €115k + bonus and benefits.
- Reports to Group FD and is part of senior leadership team.
- Oversees finance function of circa 20 heads.
- Excellent long term career growth potential
- Full time, on-site for first 6 months, some flexibility thereafter.
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast growing global business please contact Adam Ryan at Fortis firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the link provided.